Friday, August 7, 2009

Where was this during the Jeans Sew Along?

Remember the Jeans Sew Along when we couldn't find stretch denim?!?!? Well, I was just perusing Fabric.com and they have a whole load of stretch denim fabrics right now. I'll be getting 2 yard sections of several of them because when you want to make jeans, you want to make jeans. A few of these have pretty limited yardage.





This one is called Asphalt. I want it. There are only 19 yards available.


I'll probably get a blue one too.





I can't go buck wild though because my husband is on the plane right now headed to Houston and High Fashion Fabric. Yea!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I never got around to making up the Jalie jeans, the pattern still needs to be traced off! I'm headed to fabric.com right now...

Myra said...

You lucky thing, more stuff on the way from High Fashion. Next time we go in, I am insisting on a stop, especially if it's my mom with me rather than Mike.

Rachel said...

I love that asphalt denim!!!

Lisa Laree said...

Oh, thanks~ I have been looking for black denim for MONTHS! And there it is!

5 yards now on order... ;)

Debbie Cook said...

Make that 16. ;-)

Paulette said...

oh damn...I'm still waiting for the pink linen and the knits...hmmm, maybe I can swing some denim and J won't notice....

Kathi said...

I think stretch denim is tricky. So often it can have too much stretch! It needs stretch, but just the right amount.

Mauri said...

Thanks for the heads up! I so want to try sewing some jeans.

Cennetta said...

All are great choices. Thanks!
C