Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly of 2009

Here's another year in review. I have a few favorite pieces from 2009 and several that just aren't, um, me.

The Good:
Jalie Jeans!!!! I have made four pairs now and this is by far my favorite pattern for 2009. The jeans pictures below are straight out of the envelope except for a small swayback tuck. Here's the black pair, the griffin pair, first pair, and the star pair (no pictures??).

This BWOF pencil skirt. I wear this all the time.

This Kwik Sew vest. I wear it all the time over my work clothes.


This BWOF dress. I love it. It's the perfect "put it on and know you look great" dress.


This BWOF jacket. I wear this quite often in the spring and fall.


The Bad:
I didn't mess up too many patterns this year. I did make some bad decisions as far as fabric and pattern goes. I like this Simplicity 2922 pattern but this color and fabric just reminds me too much of scrubs or something.


This Burda top was annoying and didn't fit well in the bust. The facing was always coming out and the side view looked a bit like a pregnancy top.


The Ugly:
A hat that was just bad all around . . .


. . . and this skirt. I actually like this skirt but the second time I sat down with it, two of the sewn down pleats tore. It happened at school. It wasn't so much that you would notice the tears but I could feel them getting larger. It's too bad though.


I have several things to review and I can't say I haven't had the time. I'm on Winter Break but I go back to school tomorrow. There has just been a lot going on around here.

17 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! Your good stuff really is great - I would be very happy to own all those things. I look forward to seeing your sewing this year!

Mary Nanna said...

those jeans are just fabulous - the detailing and top stitching are so impressive - look forward to seeing more fantastic sewing this year...

BTW - is it just my computer or does anyone else only get half a picture for the second pair of Jalie jeans?

Anonymous said...

Just have to stand up for that purple velvet top - I think it's beautiful and looks GREAT on you!
Natasha

Digs said...

Yeah, that velvet top really has a life of its own, it's gorgeous. So's the shirtdress. And Happy New Year!

Noile said...

What a great end-of-year wrap up! And what a great collection of stuff, too. There's a reason your blog is the first one I go to every day!

senaSews said...

Seams you had a great sewing year. I love the shirt dress and the velvet top the most!

amber said...

Those jeans are really great on you! Here's to a fabulous 2010!

Rose said...

This is quite a display of "good" garment. You look awesome in them. Here's to 2010!

Paola said...

I don't know, there's something about the hat I kind of like! And the ripped skirt. and I lerve the shirtdress...

Eugenia said...

Those jeans are great - I can see why you love them and the Burda shirtdress is wonderful. But all your stuff looks great - even the 'bad' things look pretty good to me!

marysews said...

Well, I like the hat because A) I live in Florida where it rains a lot (I have a similar hat with a smaller brim, used mostly for walking the dog), and B) I don't give a damn what other people think of what I wear.

Bunny said...

You've got some real winners, there.

Anni O'Neill said...

Have I told you how much I love your blog? My New Years Resolution is to let all you great sewing bloggers know how much I loooove reading about what you are sewing and keeping me informed and inspired.
Thank you for all the work you put into this wonderful blog.

Kathi said...

All of your picks look great. I also agree that the "ugly" ones aren't your best! I do think the glasses in the one picture are cute, though!
I think breaks are the busiest times!! It is much harder to find the time to post to blogs when on break!

Anonymous said...

Wow- these are fantastic. Even your "bad" stuff looks pretty good to me. I actually like the "scrubs" top- I don't think it looks like scrubs at all. And that Burda dress is amazing- I never even looked twice at it in the magazine.

Anonymous said...

Wow- these are fantastic. Even your "bad" stuff looks pretty good to me. I actually like the "scrubs" top- I don't think it looks like scrubs at all. And that Burda dress is amazing- I never even looked twice at it in the magazine.

Nishant said...

I look forward to seeing your sewing this year!

Work from home India