Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . .

Well, I finished my MyImage dress I’ve been working on. The fit is great. The fabric is fun. The length is good. But, when you put all three together, it’s not good. In fact, it’s so “not good” that I didn’t even take a picture of it. Part of it is the crazy-ass print but that’s not even bad it’s just that there is so much of it. The cross over neckline is pretty high so it seems like I’m just covered in green/blue/black crazy print. I love the ruched side panel but it just seems messy with all that busy print.

I’ve decided to work on a Jalie slam dunk instead. I’m making another dress.

7 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Ah hate when this happens...it's a really nice style, maybe done in a solid color you would like it better.

Rachelle said...

Could lop off the top bit and make it into a wrap top? Such a shame the first project in your lovely new sewing room is a wadder.

Victoria said...

I hate when that happens! I'm sure you'll think of some ingenious way to save it! Can't wait to see the Jalie!

Sue said...

Sorry to hear about the dud dress. That is always my concern with busy prints and I must admit to buying more and more plain fabrics. At least the Jalie is a known winner!

Cissie said...

I have a feeling that you are being way too critical. Wish we could see it and convince you that it is a winner.

Summer Flies said...

Dawn, I'm with Cissie... let's have a look... it can't be that bad. Nice to hear about Myimage patterns tho.. thanks. Sofie

Anonymous said...

Dawn - I do hope you will post the photo. I learn at least as much from analyzing my own mistakes than from the successes - I am planning on sewing this one, and you might help prevent me (and others) from making bad fabric selections if you are willing to share your "dud" :). I hope you all are settled and doing well in your new home!