Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cool Tutorial for Those of Us Sewing for Little Girls

I was just reading Pam’s tutorial on making washable “silk” flowers to add as embellishments on little girls’ clothes. Why, had I never thought of adding these to my girls’ clothes?? Well, duh. My mother thinks I’m so creative. HA! I just know how to sew. Creative I am not.

Anyhoo, here’s the link. You don’t even have to sew your own clothes (Robyn in Fairbanks), you can just add them to anything. And such a simple idea I never thought of . . .

I also added it to my blog tutorials over on the right side of this page.

4 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

It is a cool tutorial! I pinned it as soon as I read it. I'm with you - I can sew, but I'm not creative like others I read about.

Hope that things are going well with you and kids.

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti.

Bug Adventures said...

Hmmm, this post doesn't make me feel incompetent ;P

I will have you know I purchased some very cute corduroys and a dress pattern for the little girl and the first dress is nearly done! (My mom is so good and it barely cost anything to send it to her heeheehee)

Melanie said...

I saw that too and yanked a flower off my arrangement. It's ready to go. I'm making my granddaughter a dress and the flower will be on it. I think it's too cute!