Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stockings

When you have a family of six, any little project turns into a big project. A while back, I decided to make stocking for all of us. Between cutting, embroidering, and sewing, it’s taken me a while to crank these babies out. I really like them and I love the embroidery. The embroidery is from UrbanThreads and it’s the Yuletide Revelry package
stocking_8

 

Each stocking is different but has the same theme thanks to the package of designs.
stocking_4

 

The insides are a fun green Christmas fabric from JoAnn’s. Instead of ribbon hangers, I decided on these clips from IKEA. They are just pinch clips so I can remove them when we are done hanging them.
stocking_5

 

Here are some detail shots. The embroidery turned out fantastic.
stocking_1stocking_3stocking_6

 

I added bling to most of them. If you look closely, you can find the crystals on the others.
stocking_7

 

My plan is to do a little lottery for the stockings. All the girls want the angel so we will draw for who gets to choose first. Then, I’ll put their letter on the stocking. These are the flat wooden letters from JoAnn’s.
stocking_2

Happy holidays everyone! I have a lot of things to do before the 23rd! That’s the day we will have all the kiddos so that is when we are doing Christmas this year.

3 comments:

crystalpleats said...

They turned out great. I love embroidery.

Becky said...

Cool stockings! The embroidery did turn out great. Hope your shopping, errands, etc, goes well without a hitch!

Cennetta said...

Nice job on the stockings. I've been promising to make stockings forever. Seeing yours has given me a little nudge to make them.