Friday, December 26, 2014

Jalie 2804–Cross Top

I just had to use my new serger! I got it last night and made this top up in an hour. This is already traced out and the know the pattern, but still! Jalie’s are my go-to pattern when I want something fast that will fit well. Here is a link to the Jalie website for this pattern. It says Sold Out, so you may be out of luck! I used this Maggy London Scuba Knit for the knit band. The only thing I changed here is to make it 3/4 sleeve (included with the pattern) and add cuffs. Oh, I guess I made the contrast band a bit wider too. I also bought the ITY pink knit print from Fabric Mart, but they must have sold out.
j_2804_27

 

I have a really hard time being serious in front of the camera.
J_2804_28

 

Fits really well!
J_2804_29

 

The kids haven’t noticed yet, but they are all Rudolph! Shhhh!
J_2804_30

 

And happy holidays to all of ya’ll! Hope it was merry and bright. Ours was filled with food, family, and chaos. Just the way we like it!

7 comments:

kristin at sunnysewing said...

I've been meaning to try out this pattern in my stash. Yours looks great and knowing you whipped it up quickly gives me hope :) I'm glad you are enjoying your new serger! Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Debbie Cook said...

Cute! Hilarious noses! I would do the same thing ... hmmm ... now I wish I had. Merry Christmas Dawn!

marysews said...

I love this look on you, and these are great pictures of you. I can't imagine you in a not-fun mood.

Linda L said...

Enjoy the new serger!

P E Hudson said...

I love a good Jalie TNT! Love the knit top -- so wonderful on you! BTW, I'm dying to hear more about the serger!

Amber Bockman said...

very cute! glad to find a fellow Burdastyle magazine lover!

sewobsessedmama said...

It looks amazing! did you make any adjustments to the front top panel?