Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ottobre 01-2015 #16 Jersey Dress

Here’s my first pattern from the new Ottobre Kids’ magazine. I made design #16 which is a basic, loose t-shirt dress. This dress is showcased in the magazine quite a few times showing how you can cut up the bodice to change the look. I decided to make it simple this time. I made a size 110 and folded out about 1/4” at CB and CF before cutting. I should have added length back to the arms.
o_0115_16_1

 

I used a beefy cotton knit for the dress and a thinner cotton knit for the sleeves and pockets.
o_0115_16_2

 

She loves it, of course.
o_0115_16_3

 

I like the length with leggings. She has quite a few pairs of leggings now, and I don’t really like it when she wears shorter tops with them. This goes with them marvelously.
o_0115_16_4

 

The pockets are a nice touch.
o_0115_16_5

 

I used green picot elastic for the neck opening. I like how it looks, but should have made it a bit bigger so there are fewer gathers. I measured and cut the elastic, sewed together the elastic at CB, marked the quarters on elastic and shirt, serge the elastic to neck opening, fold elastic to inside, and coverstitch. You can see when she is wearing it above that it pulls a little bit. I cut elastic at 85% of the true measurement. Next time, maybe I’ll do 90%.
o_0115_16_6

 

This is what it looks like from the inside. 
o_0115_16_7

 

 

I have one more kid thing to show you. I’ve started on my February Burda Challenge already. Well, I’ve traced it, does that count???? There are so many of you out there that are participating on the Burda Challenge!! Keep it up!!

1 comment:

Layla said...

so cute! I particularly like your variation of picot elastic at the neckline, such a great touch.