Monday, February 2, 2015

Ottobre 01-2014 #19–Raglan Sweatshirt

Another kid project. I know, I know! I have started my February Burda. I have it all traced out already. But, who can resist these super easy projects?
o_0114_19_1

 

Ms. Princess loves it and wants to wear it all the time now.
o_0114_19_2

 

You’re lucky I got a few non-fuzzy photos. She’s a moving, posing diva.
o_0114_19_3

 

This is just a basic raglan-sleeve sweatshirt pattern. I made this in size 110 and pinched out about 1/4” for the CF and CB seam. It seems to fit well although the arms are a smidge long. In a week, I’m sure they will be too short. Kids grow too fast!
o_0114_19_4

 

I used fusible webbing to attach the star to the front. I sewed around the edges so it would not pull up, and because I like the look of it. I really like this bright pop of color on the front. I got this idea here from Boden.
o_0114_19_5

 

The only thing I will change in the future is to make the waistband one piece. They use two pieces sewn together so there are seams at the side seams of the waistband. Next time, I’ll just cut it on the fold and use a single piece.

Another great basic pattern from Ottobre. I will probably add flatlocking to the seam next time. It’s such an easy way to amp up the design.

1 comment:

kathyh said...

sometimes they do the two piece waistband because of available fabric choices. I wish pattern designers would share why they put a center back seam or a two-piece waistband so I can make changes right away instead of trying to sew it according to the directions, as written.
Your simple star applique is a winner.