Saturday, August 29, 2015

Another Bella Dress! In RED!

When I saw CissieW with her red Bella dress on PatternReview.com, I vowed then to make one. Hers looked stunning on her and I decided that I needed one. I even purchased fabric for this make, which I almost never do. I almost always try to make things from stash.
j_3460_10


I made this out of a solid red scuba from Fabric Mart. I love how it drapes. This is fuller version than the last one I made. Last time, it was a little too long so cut 2 inches off the hem which made it look not as full. Knowing that, I folded it up by two inches in the hip area so it didn’t upset the fullness of the skirt. Well, that’s what I thought I did anyway. Once I made the dress and hemmed it, I realized that it was shorter than my other one. I went back and measured and I had tucked it up by three inches. Oops, I guess my inner whore was trying to make my clothes shorter. Oh well, it’s not too short.

j_3460_11

 

I modified the neckline to make it more t-shirt-y casual. I like the belt because it breaks up the red.
j_3460_12
j_3460_13j_3460_14

 

It’s still super spinny!! My favorite part!
j_3460_15

 

I added a neckband in following with the “casual t-shirt dress” theme.
j_3460_16

 

I love blooper photos from other blogs so I include the good ones for you guys. Hello super windy photo shoot!!! HAhahahahahahha.
j_3460_17

This is a fabulous Jalie pattern and I will make many more in the future!!!!!!

17 comments:

Sewing by Shirley said...

Wow! This dress looks amazing on you. I will definitely have to add this pattern to my stash.

Kristin at SunnySewing.com said...

Oh la la! I love the Red Bella Dress!!

Anonymous said...

Terrific look, the back is particularly perfect, no pooling whatsoever, excellent result, go you!

Ayselce örgüler said...

elbise cool, siz ve rüzgar hahahaha bravo!!!

Kathy {Kathy Sews} said...

Yes, that fabric drapes so nice with this pattern! The slight amount of structure the scuba knit has gives it a great look. And that red is killer!

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful dress! You look lovely. Great job!
See me @ www.sewplus.blogspot.com

Linda L said...

Great looking red dress and the fit is perfect. I think I have that red scuba knit from Fabric Mart also; I keep trying to match it with another flora scuba knit but just not the right red in the floral. I am glad to see that it drapes so well with your dress.

Iris said...

Nice! What was the original neckline?

Iris said...

Nice! What was the original neckline?

Iris said...

Nice! What was the original neckline?

Anonymous said...

I love it and can't wait to make it. I might be inspired to try scuba knit fr the first time too. I really like the casual look of the neck band. I prefer a lower scoop neck so I would want to lower the neckline. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jos van KloskaCreAtief! said...

Woman in Red, Wow!! Love it!

Ines said...

That dress was meant for you! The color, the fit everything! You always look good but this one is a show stopper! Congrats!

Sue Parrott said...

I LOVE THIS! I purchased some red ponte to make this dress but I it doesn't have the required stretch.

ANTİGONE said...

Gourgeous dress and love the color!

Anonymous said...

Thisclothing patterns idea is gorgeous! and im definitely moving that pattern right up my sewing queue!

Anonymous said...

This are such a great patterns for sewing ideas! Flexible and perfect for the fabric.