Tuesday, February 21, 2017

KwikSew 3770–Leggings

I bought this pattern for $0.10. Yes, you read that correctly. In September, I came across a great deal on Kwik Sew patterns. So far, I’ve only been able to have a little sewing time since then. We moved in November and sold our house. I can’t believe how much stuff we have. I STILL have boxes that need to be unpacked. I did a ton of purging too. But with six people and a dog, well, there is still a ton of stuff. Anyway, I was finally able to make this pattern and I love it. I made the ruched tights on the right. I find that KwikSew patterns are a little big for me. I started with the size Small. Then, I folded out a 1/2” (this is a one-piece legging) from the waist to the ankle to decrease the width. They fit nicely.
ks3770

 

You can see they are rather high up on my waist but I like that in a pair of leggings. I would always wear these with a tunic or dress. The fabric is this amazing, buttery, soft, four-way stretch material. It feels like a cotton blend, but I’m pretty sure it’s a poly with Lycra.They are soooooo cozy. 
FullSizeRender (52)FullSizeRender (53)

To get the ruched leg, you take a piece of very stretched elastic and sew it to the fabric. On the inner leg, there is a seam. On the outer leg, you just mark the top and bottom of the placement for the elastic. I like the ruching at the bottom, it gives it a little bit more if I’m just running around in my sneakers, but it is also invisible if I wear knee high boots.
FullSizeRender (54)

I have another Ottobre to show you and another KwikSew pattern. I really need to find my “photo spot” in my new house. I want to find a place that gets lots of natural light, does not have tons of clutter, and has space in front of it for a tripod. Ideally, it wouldn’t have a stupid outlet in the frame either, but I’m not sure how picky I can get. This house is big, but has a TON of windows. Taking a picture in front of a window wouldn’t work either.

No comments: