Monday, March 6, 2017

Jalie, Jalie, and More Jalie

Both daughters want outfits. They are identical twins. Many of their friends still can’t tell them apart even though they’ve all been in school together for six years. Most people tell me that they look identical-identical (like VERY IDENTICAL). They couldn’t be more different little people. It amazes me sometimes.

Me: Okay Ladies, what are you thinking for outfits?

Bella:
Well, let’s see. I want something that coordinates and I want it to be able to go with other things *flinging hands about*. I want something that is girly, but not too girly. Hahahahaha, you know me mom *throws head back and laughs dramatically*. Nothing like, you know, girly-girly. I want something that is, like comfortable, but not sloppy, you know? I think I want the main color to be purple, but maybe I’m done with purple? Is it too young? You know, I’m older now. I still like purple though *dramatic siiigh*. Maybe purple still. I really like that one cardigan you have mom, the purple one? The one with the pockets? I want one kind of like that. But it needs to go with something cool too. And there has to be sparkles, but not like over the top, you know, not too sparkly. I want to be classy, not trashy, mom. You know how sometimes you get, like, crazy with sparkles and glitter *rolls eyes*? Yea. No. That’s not going to work for me. So sparkles but subtle sparkles.

Me: *siiiigh*

Cora: Sweatshirt, cozy. Leggings, snug but not tight. Overall, warm.

Me: Copy that, Cora.

So here is my (hopefully) Bella-pleasing outfit. I tried to add “subtle sparkle” and make it “classy not trashy”. It started with a sketch which was approved.
FullSizeRender (59)

For the cardigan, I used Jalie 3248, the Drop Pocket Cardigan. I made the size N which is the size 10 equivalent. They are long like the size 10, but lean. The purple is a Merino wool and the ITY is from the dress I made recently (from the National City Swap Meet).
FullSizeRender (60)FullSizeRender (61)

 

Next, I made up the Jalie Dolman Top. I added “subtle sparkle” using an iron-on decal. I hope it’s subtle enough. Fabric is the from Nation City Swap Meet.
FullSizeRender (62)
FullSizeRender (63)

 

I think it looks nice with the cardigan.
FullSizeRender (64)

 

Next I made up the Jalie Eleonore Pull-On Jean which is one of my all-time favorites. I used plain thread but used the triple stitch to make it really stand out on the dark denim. This fabric is NOT from the National City Swap Meet (gasp!), but it is from San Diego. I can’t remember what the store is called but there was a remnant table with denim. This was a 1.25 yard chunk for $3.00.
FullSizeRender (65)

 

I hope she will think these are subtle bling because I love them!!
FullSizeRender (66)

 

I used the Omnimotion stitches on my new Viking to make the hearts and I used this amazing rhinestone stuff on the pockets.
FullSizeRender (67)

 

It took me many tries to get the design figured out. I love my new machine. I changed the width of the hearts to try to get them centered. I never got that done but it was fun to try out all these stitches.
FullSizeRender (69)

 

Here is the stuff I used on the pockets. It is rhinestones on plastic mesh. I just cut the shape I want and sew it down. The strip comes by the yard and it’s about four inches wide? I have three different colors; white rhinestones on black mesh, white rhinestones on silver mesh, orange rhinestones on silver mesh. This stuff comes from the National City Swap Meet and it’s AMAZING. I’ve never had a gem fall off and the stuff can be roughed up and washed. It does not stretch, at all. That’s the only downfall of it.
FullSizeRender (70)
FullSizeRender (71)FullSizeRender (72)

I think the outfit is cute and hope that she will approve and smile upon me. She is hard to please. I love the challenge. :)FullSizeRender (68)

Next up? The comfy outfit for Cora . . . https://jalie.com/jalie3461-eleonore-pull-on-jeans

No comments: