Thursday, June 29, 2017

Jalie 3130–Fitted Blouse

I’ve been wanting to make this top for a while. I’ve also been wanting to make the perfect shirt dress for a long time too. I think this will make a perfect base for that. Before I committed to the dress version, I wanted to check the overall fit and construction. This top is semi-fitted with front and back darts. It has a collar and separate collar stand. The sleeves are about 3/4 length with an optional sleeve cuff to keep them up. It also has small pockets with flaps. I left the flaps off mine.
3130_1


And here is my version. I think it’s pretty dang cute. I do think it’s just a bit big overall. Although the shoulders look like they are just about right. This is totally my work uniform. Often I’m wearing a knit top instead of a woven but very similar styling. I usually wear something like this or a knit dress to work.
j_3130_1j_3130_2


This is a cotton shirting that has been lingering in my stash for a while. I can’t seem to get some of the wrinkles out of it, like this horizontal crease below the yoke. Any tips or ideas about that??
j_3130_3


Next time I make this as a shirt, I’ll take a little more out of the waist so it is slightly more fitted.
j_3130_4j_3130_5


You can see it’s a pretty long top too. This would look good with a belt too, I think. 
j_3130_6


I still seem to have that pesky swayback. Some day I will attack that.
j_3130_7j_3130_8


I used snaps instead of buttons.
j_3130_9


This is by far the best collar I have ever done.
j_3130_10


Here’s the cute little pocket. I matched the stripes like a boss. Well, mostly.
j_3130_11


Here’s the optional sleeve cuff. When you don’t want it, you just unroll the sleeves and it is short enough to stay inside undetected.
j_3130_12j_3130_13


Overall, I think it’s a WIN!! I know, right? Shocker. I’m definitely going to make this as a dress. I think I won’t change it at all except the length, and maybe make it just a bit wider at the hem for walking. I’m trying to decide if I want to go truly button-down denim shirt with thick gold topstitching thread or if I just want to go more neutral.

No comments: