Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Scrap Bin Busting!

Don’t you love using up scraps? My scrap bin was overflowing so I took the opportunity to use some of the scraps to whip up two Jalie Marie-Claude shirts for my twins. They are almost 11, but measure more in the eight or nine size range. I typically make them a smaller size and add length. For this pattern, I made the size N and added an inch to the torso and the arm length. For both patterns, I made the slouchy neckline and the arms with thumbholes. The black and white fabric is from this Jalie dress. The tie-dye blue fabric is from this modified Jalie top.

FullSizeRender1FullSizeRender2


I love that the back neckline piece is pieced. You could add some fun color back there.
FullSizeRender3


The crazy print is from this Jalie Bella dress. The solid-ish (it is actually flecked with bright orange) blue is just in my bin. I don’t remember ever using it before so I have no idea where it came from. It matches the crazy print perfectly though.
FullSizeRender4


Here you can just barely see the flecks in the blue fabric.
FullSizeRender5FullSizeRender6FullSizeRender7FullSizeRender8


They are in love with their kitty.
FullSizeRender9


So much happiness with pets!
FullSizeRender10


The shirt in action at the park.
FullSizeRender11

No comments: