Friday, November 17, 2017

I Need Help - Sassy or Hideous?

I love this Ottobre coat. I love the simple lines and the closure. Inside, there is a tie from the front to the side and then there is a self-fabric tie front. I always find in the winter that 1) I'm too rushed to button all my coat buttons and 2) I'm wearing a variety of bulkiness. Sometimes I'm wearing a thin knit top with skinny jeans and sometimes a thick, chunky sweater. If I have a very tailored coat, it is tight when I'm wearing my sweater, but loose when I wear the thin knits. With this coat, you'd be able to snug it up when you needed to.

Here's my dilemma. The other day I was needing some retail therapy and I had this coat in mind as I shopped. I bought three yards of both of these wools. Yes, I bought the green. Why? I don't know. I was apparently having a crisis. I do like the green but would it be too much? Mind you, I do like bright colors and flashy coats. I don't know why I didn't buy one of the jewel tones on the right. My wine wanted the green, I guess. Should I do it? It would certainly make a flashy wool coat.




On the other hand, I also bought this somber black with white. It's kind of boring, but it would make a very nice, if boring, coat.

Here's what I can tell you. Both of these fabrics are high quality, thick, and nice. Any thoughts? 


No comments: